dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Natural Shampoo

Jayde
@jayde
11 years ago
10 posts

Hi,

I started my dreads about 3 months ago. I am having a bit of trouble finding a good shampoo. I started off using the knottyboy bar soap but it kept leaving a sticky residue after I rinsed it. So I did a bit of looking around online and noticed that lots of people used Dr. Bronners. So I recently bought some but I am finding it hard to use because it won't foam up at all. I diluted it around 1-12 parts and its just like pouring water on my head. I don't feel like I am getting a good clean.

I had a look in the shampoo products on this site and they seem to be really nice and natural. Can anyone recommend one that foams up pretty well. Would prefer a liquid one but a soap bar will do.

Thanks a mill guys

updated by @jayde: 02/14/15 03:26:57AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

they all do
if you had issuse with residue and if you got hard water bronners will give residue from hall
the liquids a good choice for younger dreads the bars are amazing on established dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
CoriElaine
@corielaine
11 years ago
173 posts

Go to dreadlocksshampoo.com! Soap are all natural and allll lovelyyy. <3

Caleb William Hart
@caleb-william-hart
11 years ago
14 posts

I second CoriElaine's reply! dreadlocksshampoo.com is fantastic, I love the dragons blood scented shampoo bar (It smells like the dragons blood incense). They were very prompt in delivering the product to my house, and the product itself was great! Plus they threw in a free sample of their spearmint scented shampoo! C:

Premo
@premo
11 years ago
30 posts

Have you tried baking soda/ apple cider vinegar wash? That makes my baby dreads feel the cleanest, I do also use dreadlocksshampoo.com shampoo, it's second best, but sometimes I feel it doesn't wash out all the way, I think thats due to our hard water here.

Jayde
@jayde
11 years ago
10 posts

No I havnt tried the baking soda/acv rinse yet but I think I might try it this weekend, want a good deep clean :)

Premo said:

Have you tried baking soda/ apple cider vinegar wash? That makes my baby dreads feel the cleanest, I do also use dreadlocksshampoo.com shampoo, it's second best, but sometimes I feel it doesn't wash out all the way, I think thats due to our hard water here.

Jayde
@jayde
11 years ago
10 posts

Thanks guys, ur awesome. I am going to order some shampoo from dreadlocksshampoo.com today.

Caleb William Hart said:

I second CoriElaine's reply! dreadlocksshampoo.com is fantastic, I love the dragons blood scented shampoo bar (It smells like the dragons blood incense). They were very prompt in delivering the product to my house, and the product itself was great! Plus they threw in a free sample of their spearmint scented shampoo! C:

Jayde
@jayde
11 years ago
10 posts

Ok I have been doing a bit of shopping around and it is really expensive to ship dreadlocksshampoo to Ireland, its costing 40 dollars for the shampoo. I have looked around at the shampoo sites on this website and not a lot ship to Ireland. Is anyone from the UK or Ireland that can recommend a liquid shampoo. I was looking at rockin locks but thats pretty expensive too. Would it work to put Dr. Brronners in a foam pump bottle, would that foam it up a bit?

Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

$40, wow. That rules that out for me :( I was going to get that when I next get paid. I'd probably use the baking soda and apple cider vinegar and some essential oils, then, unless you can find a good one from the UK. I use KnottyBoy shampoo but once it's ran out, I'll be switching to the baking soda and apple cider vinegar. Dr. Bronner's probably wouldn't be good to use, because it sounds like it's down to the kind of water you have.

Jayde said:

Ok I have been doing a bit of shopping around and it is really expensive to ship dreadlocksshampoo to Ireland, its costing 40 dollars for the shampoo. I have looked around at the shampoo sites on this website and not a lot ship to Ireland. Is anyone from the UK or Ireland that can recommend a liquid shampoo. I was looking at rockin locks but thats pretty expensive too. Would it work to put Dr. Brronners in a foam pump bottle, would that foam it up a bit?

Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

I wouldn't advise Rocking Locks anyway, I just had a look and it looks pretty crap to be honest. They look like a DreadHeadHQ rip-off lol and the shampoo doesn't seem that good.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form