Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Imperfect sectioning

Lauren Cronister
@lauren-cronister
11 years ago
10 posts
I have about 32 dreads total, I have some sections that are about an inch at the scalp, maybe a little larger, then some that are about the size of a dime at the scalp. I just don't want it to look weird when they mature fully. I guess I'm just slightly paranoid. Does anyone else get kinda paranoid about their sections?
updated by @lauren-cronister: 01/13/15 09:55:24PM
Lauren Cronister
@lauren-cronister
11 years ago
10 posts
Thanks man. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one with gnarly sections. That's the beauty of natural dreads, they teach you to be less worried about neatness.
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Dreads are beautiful when they are all random in size. Manufactured dreads area usually clones of each other, grown dreads have their own personality and widths....peace

Melony
@melony
11 years ago
45 posts

Mine are all different sizes!! no two are the exact same size, in fact.... many are different sizes at the top then they are at the bottom lol
Point is, its normal. The different sized dreads make your hair look more natural in my opinion.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

what a silly question

theres no siuch thing as perfect sectioning and most of us did no sectioning at all just let the sections form as they want

and many that did section wished they didnt

its really strangew that people think dreads should all be the same size and shape

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lauren Cronister
@lauren-cronister
11 years ago
10 posts
I'm not really worried about them being the same size. I'm more afraid of some being too thick, and having them cause issues. I didn't really word it right.
Lauren Cronister
@lauren-cronister
11 years ago
10 posts
Everyone seems to have like 50 or more dreads and I just have 32. Kinda makes me feel out of the loop sometimes!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

some have 13 1 guy i know has 3 some (sisterlocks otr micro locks) ovesr 400

theres no right number

in fact 1 common search term we are found by is how many dreads should you have for a full head

crazy question

thats like whats the proper number of heartbeats in 24 hours

then if your bear that number with hours to go do you stop your heartbeat?

you have no more control over the number of dreads then u do opver the number pf heartbeats in a day

as you dread new dreads forem

others combine

the number changes constant;y

if u have 40 in june u might have 60 in sept and 20 in jan

and back to fo next june

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

It's more natural to have different sized dreads. No-one is going to measure them all to make sure they're the same thickness. I have mostly thick dreads, and then about four or so thin ones. I like them, good variety.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form