dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How do you wrap dreads?

Westcoaster
@westcoaster
11 years ago
81 posts

Hello!

I have waste-length dreadlocks and I am searching for different ways to style them to look professional at conferences and seminars. I would really like to wrap them in a scarf or something but all my attempts at doing this have failed pretty miserably.

Does anyone know of any good tutorials that show wrapping dreadlocks completely up in a scarf so that they are completely covered (I'm not hiding the dreads, I just like the style)? Any videos on styles that you like personally?

Keep in mind that my dreads are waste-length so very heavy :-)

Thanks in advance for you help!!

updated by @westcoaster: 01/13/15 09:54:55PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi, wrapping dreads are lovely and a great way to accessorize with the clothing worn to work. Use the search bar at the top left of this site and key in words like: wrapping dreads video, scarf wrapping video, tying up dreads video...etc.

If you can't find what you were looking for on here, You Tube has many videos to show how it can be done. When you have your style down pat, make a video and post it on here to teach others how to do it, that would be great.

Thrift stores are a great place to find many head scarves etc in so many colors and for real cheap, so you can stock up on them.....peace

Westcoaster
@westcoaster
11 years ago
81 posts

Thank you for the links! I tried doing a search but kept getting a message saying nothing could be retrieved. Perhaps I was being too vague...

I love the vids I just need to find a way to adapt them to be used with heavy, long dreads. I have tried so many times but have never quite liked the results.

I'll keep plugging away at it :-)

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Have you tried braiding them into one fat braid. that looks lovely..then tie a beautiful color coordinating scarf at the bottom...peace

Callalala_KnOtTy...
@callalala-knotty
11 years ago
32 posts

http://pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=dreadlock%20hairstyles&rs=ac&len=9

You can get some really nice inspiration from this site :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form