Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo

My First Compliment From a Total Stranger!

Arkynstone GypsyFae
@arkynstone-gypsyfae
9 years ago
37 posts

Seems silly, I know, but a few days ago I received my first compliment on my dreads from someone totally unknown to me.  I'm a little over a year and a half in to my journey and was totally surprised when a guy who was going in to the convenience store held the door for me and then as he was following me in said, "I love your dreads!"  

It took a second for me to realize he was talking to me.  My unruly juveniles were up in a loose scrunch (temps have been in the low 90s for several days and I wasn't down with having my hair on the back of my neck that morning) and they were just hanging out whatever way they were.  After I thanked him he pointed out that he has dreads too and pointed to his head wrap.  I told him that was awesome and we went our separate ways.  It totally made my morning brighter and put a happy vibe on the rest of my day.

This got me to thinking.. what is your first (or favorite) memory of getting complimented by a stranger?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

just so u know, every profile has a personal forum for off toipic stuff..anythingthat interests you

the main forums all dread related so youd click dreadlocks foirums, choose any category then add the post there

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Arkynstone GypsyFae
@arkynstone-gypsyfae
9 years ago
37 posts

Oops....sorry. Thought I did that.  O_O 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

haha its ok